The front door of your house does more than just protect from the outside elements. It’s often the first thing people see and encapsulates a style unique to your taste while keeping your home’s interior safe. Front doors welcome guests to your home, so it’s essential for a designer not to rush into selecting one. In this blog, we will discuss modern features to enrich your home’s front entry door while properly securing the interior.
Selecting the Best Materials and Frame
Designing the most optimal front door entry for your needs starts with selecting the right materials. The following choices are highly recommended for homes located in tropical regions:
- Aluminum: This is a great option for tropical regions as it doesn’t rust. Another advantage of using this material is that you won’t have to worry about replacing it for a very long time. Installing an aluminum door can be costly, but the long-term benefits oftentimes outweigh the price.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass is environmentally friendly and usually more affordable than other materials. It’s effective at withstanding outside elements without cracking or warping. However, fiberglass doors won’t properly secure your home if they aren’t installed correctly. Ensure the entryway lines up and the hinges are well-connected.
- Steel: This material is a go-to choice for those living in regions susceptible to hurricanes. It adds the best level of security because of its durability and strength. Like aluminum doors, steel doors have a long utility life and don’t need to be replaced for years.
- Wood: Wood doors are versatile and can add a level of charm to your home. They do warp over time if not properly maintained, but the material lasts longer if you apply a stain or finish on occasion.
Colors and Finishes
There are countless color combinations to pair your door and house with. When considering what color to paint your front door, keep in mind that there are different color classes such as complementary, analogous, and neutral colors.
- Complementary colors: Using complementary colors for a front door entry is an aesthetic trend that has been growing recently. Since these colors are on opposite sides of the color wheel, they help your front door entry pop out from a distance.
- Analogous shades: These are shades that are very similar in color. Think of color combinations like blue and violet—they blend in together to create a harmonious finish.
- Neutral colors: These include colors like gray, black, white, or beige. These tones have traditionally been used for doors throughout history, and some still prefer to keep their front door entry relaxed and neutral.
On top of color choice, one of the most effective ways to add character to your front door entry is with glass designs. You can incorporate geometric shapes into stained glass windows for an eye-grabbing pattern. Another popular choice is adding grilles to your front door. This design feature will enhance the amount of natural light that floods into your home.
If you’re worried about the privacy of glass door designs, features such as tinted or frosted glass helps ensure that nothing is visible from the outside and your privacy is secured. Also, tinted windows can help increase the energy efficiency of your home and reduce overall energy costs. Glass window designs are a great choice because they serve both a style and utility purpose to your front door.
Additional Features to Consider
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to really make your home a unique work of art, you should consider features like oversized doors, double doors, or oversized door handles. These stylistic choices are jaw-dropping and are sure to be a conversation starter anytime you have guests over.
Need Help Enhancing Your Home’s Entryway?
When it comes to something as important as your luxurious tropical home, there is no room to cut corners. Designing and constructing a modern front entry doorway will help complete your dream home. As experts in the fenestration industry, our team at Prestige Island Exports is here to help you enhance your home’s design while ensuring that it receives the highest level of security. For more information on how we can help you achieve all your desired visions, please contact us today to explore your options.